I am currently a post-doctoral fellow at Brandeis University with Adam Jaffe and Margie Lachman working on the inventor creative life cycle with patent data. I was a PhD Fellow at UNU-MERIT, Maastricht, The Netherlands. My doctoral advisors were Bart Verspagen at UNU-MERIT, Neil Foster-McGregor at UNU-MERIT and Cesar Hidalgo at the Collective Learning group at the MIT Media Lab. In 2016, I was a visiting student and research assistant at the MIT Media Lab.
Previously, I worked at UNICEF on resource mobilization and research on accessibility to health care. I received my masters and bachelors degree in economics from The New School for Social Research in New York City.
Check out my Github for code and data from previous papers (currently updating), and code for tutorials for previously taught short courses.
I work on other personal projects/passions:
- SAFE (Safety Awareness for Empowerment): Development of an intelligent ChatBot for survivor resource assistance and NLP research on sexual assault (Supported by SWOL Limburg Fund and Diversity & Inclusiveness Grant, Maastricht University)
- Check out the associated pre-print here. And some media mentions here and here (in Dutch)
Leadership and Community Service
- Geography of Innovation and Complexity Conference, September 2-4, 2019 @ Utrecht University, Utrecht, NL
- PhD Workshop on Knowledge & Institutions: A Complex Systems Approach August 23-26, 2019 @ Victoria University, Wellington, NZ
- The Tech Economist, YSI North America Convening @ USC, LA, USA February 21-23, 2019
- PhD Workshop on Innovation, Economic Complexity and Economic Geography, August 5-7, 2018 @ MIT Media Lab, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Reading Schumpeter
Webinar based reading group on Schumpeter’s texts; Recorded lectures are here
- Member, 2016, Econometrics Exam Committee
- Member, 2017, PhD Application Screening Committee
- Advised 1 Masters in Public Policy Graduate Thesis (Maastricht School of Governance), 1 Undergraduate research project (Brandeis University)