I am currently an Assistant Professor of Economics at Pace University. Previously, I was a post-doctoral fellow at Brandeis University with Adam Jaffe and Margie Lachman working on the inventor creative life cycle with patent data. I did my PhD at UNU-MERIT (Maastricht University), Maastricht, The Netherlands. My doctoral advisors were Bart Verspagen (UNU-MERIT), Neil Foster-McGregor (UNU-MERIT) and Cesar Hidalgo at the Collective Learning group at the MIT Media Lab (now at the University of Toulouse). In 2016, I was a visiting student and research assistant at the MIT Media Lab.
Previously, I worked at UNICEF on resource mobilization and research on accessibility to health care. I received my masters and bachelors degree in economics from The New School for Social Research in New York City (BA/MA program) .
Check out my Github for code and data from previous papers (currently updating), and code for tutorials for previously taught short courses.
I work on other personal projects/passions:
- SAFE (Safety Awareness for Empowerment): Development of an intelligent ChatBot for survivor resource assistance and NLP research on sexual assault (Supported by SWOL Limburg Fund and Diversity & Inclusiveness Grant, Maastricht University)
- Check out the associated pre-print here. And some media mentions here and here (in Dutch)
Leadership and Community Service
- Geography of Innovation and Complexity Conference, September 2-4, 2019 @ Utrecht University, Utrecht, NL
- PhD Workshop on Knowledge & Institutions: A Complex Systems Approach August 23-26, 2019 @ Victoria University, Wellington, NZ
- The Tech Economist, YSI North America Convening @ USC, LA, USA February 21-23, 2019
- PhD Workshop on Innovation, Economic Complexity and Economic Geography, August 5-7, 2018 @ MIT Media Lab, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Reading Schumpeter
Webinar based reading group on Schumpeter’s texts; Recorded lectures are here